This event has already taken place. Sorry you missed it :(
Don't miss out on the next event - monthly membership is just £35,
and you can attend as many events as you like!
Check out some of our upcoming events:
14/10/2022, 6pm onwards
There's no double about it, Snowdonia is the UK's perfect Autumn setting.
29/07/2022, 5pm onwards
There's no double about it, Snowdonia is the UK's perfect Summer setting
25/07/2022, 6pm to 7pm
If you are like us and feel inspired to do a bit more exercise then dust off your tennis equipment and join us for our new weekly tennis.
18/07/2022, 6pm to 7pm
Why not visit our calendar to see what events
are coming up.
Come and join in, it’s absolutely FREE! Here at Social Circle we make it our business to offer you the best of what Manchester has to offer. Our selection of walks enable you to to come along and explore this great city, and meet new people in Manchester along the way.
Manchester Music: The Hacienda Years
Where do we go?
* Tony Wilson’s house.
* The Boardwalk, where Oasis made their debut.
* The Hacienda.
* Elbow’s “hole in my neighbourhood”.
* The Free Trade Hall, where Bob Dylan was booed and the Sex Pistols invented the modern Manchester music scene.
* The arts club where The Fall made their debut.
* Liam Gallagher’s shop.
* The basement record shop where Morrissey had a job – yes! – for about five minutes, resulting in a depression that inspired those great lines from “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now”.
* The Ritz, where the first Smiths gig took place.
* The Hidden Gem church where Tony Wilson’s funeral took place.
It could be Steve Bourne (former roadie at the Free Trade Hall, who’s on speaking terms with Damo Suzuki); Elton-like pianist John Alker; or Ed Glinert, co-author of the Fodor “Rock ‘n’ Roll Traveller” series and one-time production editor of Mojo magazine.
*Please check website for updated times and meeting points as they are subject to change*
"New Manchester Walks are the largest and friendliest group of official tour guides in the city! Let us show you Manchester's hidden gems and secret corners. Our knowledgable and professional guides will bring Manchester's fascinating past to life".