- What is Social Circle?
- Social Circle is Manchester's No. 1 social and activities network, bringing together like-minded people in a platonic setting. It provides you with an opportunity to not only expand your social network but to explore the best of what Manchester has to offer.
Whether you enjoy going out at the weekend and sampling some of Manchester's finest bars and restaurants (of which, there are many) or walking in the countryside, caving, and other outdoors activities, there is something for everyone on our extensive events calendar.
But no matter which activities you enjoy, the key to Social Circle is always about meeting new people and having fun.
- Who are your members?
- They tend to be busy professionals who wish to expand their social circle. They come from all over Manchester and surrounding areas and from all walks of life, with one common goal; to meet new people and have a good time.
We find that some of the main reasons you may wish to join include:
- You are new to the area
- Your friends are all coupled up or married off
- You are busy and don't have time to meet people
- You already have an extensive social network but just love meeting new people
- If I arrive on my own, would I be the only one to do so?
- In fact, the opposite is true. Whilst some newbies do come along with a friend for support, the vast majority do so on their own. The entire foundation of Social Circle is to bring together like-minded individuals and almost everyone arrives on their own to meet new people just like you; we are a really fun and friendly bunch!
- I am a bit nervous, would someone meet me before the event?
- The first thing to know about being nervous is that every person you will meet at Social Circle felt the exact same way before their first event. And these are the very people who will have you out of your shell within seconds.
Your host will also personally welcome you to ease any nerves. If you wish to meet them before the event, simply reply to the text message sent to you that confirms your event and let them know. They would be more than happy to do so.
- I am unsure as to whether I fit into the right age bracket or not
- Generally, our age range is from early 20's to late 40's although we have no restriction in upper age level. Anyone from 18-80 is welcome and we have seen members of all ages over the years. If you are young at heart, you are young enough.
- I live outside Greater Manchester, is it for me?
- Many who attend our events come from all over Greater Manchester but also from surrounding areas such as Knutsford, Stockport, Altrincham and Warrington.
So yes, it is absolutely for you too.
- Do I need to become a member?
- We're a fully-fledged 7 day a week business and as such, incur costs e.g. staff. You just need to take a look at our busy calendar to see to see the huge range of events we have on offer. Organising these events is very much a full-time business.
Social Circle is membership-only, with the sole exceptions being newbies nights, weekends away and holidays, where we recognise that some people may not have the time to indulge in the wide range of other activities we have available.
Membership alleviates much of the administrative activities associated with a pay as you go system and thus allows us to offer over 100 free events a month to our members - this really is unbeatable value.
To join visit https://www.social-circle.co.uk/join-manchester-social-group.asp
- What do I get if I become a member?
- You are free to book on any of our events. Bear in mind, the vast majority of our events are free. Many of the events, such as cinema, ten pin bowling, walks, and fitness classes, are completely 100% free, thanks to our relationship with the venues. So just imagine what kind of savings you can make. Events such as pub crawls and meals are free to attend but the cost of drinks and meals are payable by you.
- How do I join?
- Simply visit https://social-circle.co.uk/join-manchester-social-group.asp, choose your membership plan and enter your details. It's as easy as that.
If you have any problems, send us an email at email@example.com.
- May I try an event first?
- Yes. You simply need to click on the 'free event' link. As long as you haven't previously attended a free event, you will be entitled to try us out. This allows you to find out for yourself whether Social Circle is for you or not.
- I've just joined. What do I do now?
- Simple. Just look at the calendar and decide which event/s you want to attend first. And get booking.
- How do I book on to an event?
- We have made it as simple as we possibly could. Should you need help simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to confirm a booking for an event.
- What is the best event to start with?
- The best event is the Newbies Night, held every month. We have a number of relaxed social events which are also a great way to start, such as Friday night drinks, a midweek meal, or comedy nights.
You will come to find out what kind of people attend and will be able to pose questions to the host about any other events you may be interested in, as well as about Social Circle in general.
- What happens once I've booked on to an event?
- You don't need to do anything. On the day of the event, you shall receive a text from the host confirming the time and place and you simply need to turn up.
- How will I find you at the venue?
- The host will text you on the day of the event to arrange a meeting place.
You will then, of course, be provided with their phone no. So if there are any problems, you can simply get in touch.
- I forgot to ask a fellow guest for their contact details; will you provide them to me?
- Due to the Data Protection Act, we are not allowed to divulge any information given to us by either our guests or members.
Oh, I forgot to ask...
- I have registered as a member but can't log in?
- No problem. Drop us an email to email@example.com and we will instruct you on what to do.
- I have forgotten my password?
- There is a forgotten password link on all areas of the site where you are prompted to login.
Simply fill in the requested information and your password will be sent to the email address that you registered with.
- I am interested in becoming a host myself, how do I apply?
- To apply to be a host visit https://www.social-circle.co.uk/hosting.asp
We also have a host recruitment night every month which runs alongside the newbies night. Look for our next newbies night on our calendar and come along for a taster of our events and to find out more about hosting.
If you can't make it on the night either email us; firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0161 434 0098 or 07767 686 177 for more information.
- How can I contact you?
- You may email us at email@example.com or send us a message via the contact page.
Should you wish to speak with us personally, simply call 0161 434 0098 or 07767 686 177.