Are you feeling the festive spirit? Don’t want to limit yourself to the office party? If you are looking to try new activities and meet new people in Manchester this winter then check our own version of an Advent Calendar for Socialites by exploring 24 Ways to Socialise this Christmas.
Unleash Your Inner Child.
You don’t need children to enjoy these fun activities. Grab some friends and get very silly.
1.Head out to with friends to Salford Quays on the Trial of the Snowman. There are twelve painted Snowman dotted around the Quays and Media City. Can you find them all? We did!
- Make like an Arctic Explorer by travelling through the Ice Caverns in Manchester, battling with polar bears and even a Yeti on your way to the heart of Santas Grotto. If you are a good girl or boy, you may even get to meet Santa himself. What do you mean you are 31? We are going!
- Good King Wenceslas looked out on the feast of Ste-phen. Whether you are the next star of the Voice or mumble along and hope no one notices, there is nothing like a bit of Carol Singing to get you feeling all festive.
- Why not catch a Panto? You can shout ‘he’s behind you’ all you want at comedian Les Dennis and marvel at the stunning scenery as we follow Cinderella in her quest to meet Prince Charming.
- If nostalgia, Christmas party anthems and a little bet gets your jingle on, then Grosvenor Casino are offering a fun evening that will get you Rocking Around the Christmas Tree and hopefully leaving with some gold coins in your pocket.
Christmas is not just about falling asleep in front of the TV during Home Alone. It can be a great way to explore your cultured side by seeing the best in theatre, dance and of course film.
- Swan Lake is at the Lowry until 1st December 2018. This award-winning re-imagining of Tchaikovsky classic features a talented all-male cast which shattered traditions in this passionate and witty modern masterpiece.
- Ah we love a little festive romance. Why not watch Love Actually and hold back the tears at *that* scene whilst a live orchestra plays the music?
- We all love the ultimate Christmas movie, Die Hard! Come watch a screening in the beautiful Victoria Baths for a little nostalgia.
- Horror fans will love Grimmfest screening of Krampus at Manchester Central Library. Included in the price is a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie. Lovely!
- If you love musical zombie films (who doesn’t) as much as Christmas then Anna and the Apocalypse is a real treat. We have it on very good authority that it is brilliant. Keep an eye on the Social Circle calendar for more!
- Have a Wicked Christmas at The Palace Theatre this year. Winner of over 100 international awards, Wicked has been casting its magical spell across the world for over a decade.
Get in the Festive Spirit.
Want something to make your cheeks rosy? There are lots of lovely places where you can have a cheeky tipple.
- If you cannot wait until December (we can’t) then why not join us in exploring Didsbury’s hottest bars for a pre-Christmas warm up? . We are meeting at the Metropolitan on Friday at 8pm.
- Collect a mug, fill it up with mulled wine and get exploring Manchester’s Christmas Market. If you fancy company then come join us?
- How about some bubbles or even a delicious Baileys Hot Chocolate as you listen to some Christmas Music and chat to new friends at the Elizabethan in Heaton Moor.
- You cannot get more festive than dressing up as Santa and heading to some of the best bars in town with a great bunch of people. Expect plenty of festive spirit and laugh as you ho-ho-ho along with the epic Santa Pub Crawl.
Christmas brings out the foodies in all of us, as it is a chance to savour the finest treats as we reward ourselves for a busy year.
- If you want a sophisticated treat then why not have a festive afternoon tea, complete with mince pies, at the beautiful Hotel Gotham?
- Join us for a festive sunday lunch at The Lime Tree where you can enjoy such treats as roast turkey or beef and Christmas pudding ice-cream.
- If you want to take a break from Christmas shopping and enjoy a lavish 3 course dinner at Harvey Nichols then you can enjoy the festive menu for just £30.
- Of course if you need something for your own Christmas table then check out the makers markets in Manchester NQ for some delicious treats, or even sample some vegan festive fayre at the festival.
Work off those mince pies.
It may be Christmas but you can still have fun whilst working off a few mince pies. These events have the feel-good factor of raising money for charity too!
- Run, Jog or Walk around Media City in your Santa suit for the annual Jingle Bell Jog on 1st December 2018.
21.If you like actual snow at Christmas then why not pop along to watch, or participate, in the Santa Ski on 10th December 2018
22.Christmas would not be the same without ice skating, whether you are a semi-professional or have never tried it, you can skate to your heart’s content at First Street in Manchester
Party like it is 2019
- If you want to welcome the new year in style, join our NYE party at Albert Schloss. Expect free flowing prosecco, mouth-watering canapes whilst you watch some of the best burlesque performances and dance to live music until the clock strikes twelve. (and beyond). Places are limited so get booking.
Our Gift to you!
As you have been very good this year and decided to have a lot of festive fun, we are offering you socialites a whole month of socialising for just £5. Quick, this festive offer is only open until 30 November 2018 so you best get your sleigh and ho-ho-ho all the way to a a festive season full of fun and new friends.