Meet Some New Manchester Friends - Video Testimonials
Enter your email to keep up to date and receive Social Circle special offers!
Social Circle gives me the opportunity to be involved in a range of activities.
Information on hosting Social Circle Events
Social Circle is a Manchester-formed Social and Adventure group dedicated to socialising and networking for energetic professionals, who want to make new friends, liven up the weekends or strike a better work-life balance.
2010 is set to be an exciting year for Social Circle – with some new exciting trips abroad and an ever-expanding social calendar with lots of varied and diverse events being hosted by fun and enthusiastic hosts.
We are looking for people that will host events such as Bowling, Monthly Meals, Comedy Nights, Cocktails at Cloud 23 etc. We hope to have a team of hosts that will be able to initially host two events per month.
So what’s involved in being a host?
We're always looking for great new hosts, so, if you consider yourself to be a sociable, confident and reliable person, and love meeting new people, then we'd like you to join our team.
Hosting for us is pretty simple, and mainly includes welcoming your fellow guests as they arrive, putting new members at ease, coordinating the group if necessary and answering any general questions about the site and service.
- Any events that you host will be at a discounted price or free of charge.
- Hosts will be entitled to FREE membership, which includes a combination of free and discounted prices for events and a Social Circle City Card that will enable you to receive discount at various venues around Manchester (bars, restaurants etc).
- You'll also be invited on our hosts’ nights out, once a quarter, where you'll have the chance to get to know one another and have a social night just for you guys, courtesy of Social Circle!
- An opportunity to host some fantastic trips abroad
- We're looking for sociable guys and gals who are confident and outgoing and love meeting new people.
- Hosts will be pleasant and polite and will make customers feel welcome and help them to fit in. They will need to be reliable, take charge when necessary and will be on hand to answer any questions or resolve any problems customers may have.
- In short, hosts will need to be at ease with people and be able to apply good customer service.
On an event
- Hosts will arrive in good time to the venue, well before the meeting time.
- Depending on the event, once there, hosts will introduce themselves to the establishment.
- Make sure reservations, designated areas etc are arranged as booked (by event organiser.)
- Once the event has begun, the host will engage customers in conversation and ensure no one is feeling left out.
- Try to ‘spread yourself around’ and not stay chatting to one group/ person for too long, especially if other people are sat on their own.
- If you have to phone/text friends try and not do it in front of customers as indicates you might be bored.
- As a host you will be an ‘Ambassador’ for Social Circle for the evening, by answering questions and upselling events, such as weekends away and handing out flyers etc.
- Hosts are not expected to get into discussions about fees/costs. Any customer with queries should be directed back to the website or Steve.
- Once everyone has arrived and gotten into the spirit of things you can relax and enjoy the evening!
- Please try to take photos of people having fun! These can be emailed to me so I can use them to upsell future events.